Learn to both design video games and manage a gaming company.
Toronto, July 6 - Trebas Institute Toronto is overjoyed to announce a new program offering: the diploma in Video Game Design & Entrepreneurship.
In this 2-year program, you will learn to not only design a video game but also to start your own gaming company. The program will be open to admissions in July 2023, and the first semester will start in October 2023.
Let’s take a closer look at its different components.
Design & Programming
You’ll begin your journey into the world of game creation by making a tabletop game, then gradually move on to more complex projects, including a fully 3D, open-world game.
- Utilize game mechanics such as puzzles, economies, RPG systems, and branching narratives
- Design both 2D and 3D levels
- Use industry-standard software like Unity and Unreal Engine
- Create memorable gaming music and sound effects
- Much more!
The Business of Gaming
One unique facet of this program is the business component. Most game design programs focus solely on game development, but this one provides a broader view of the industry, helping you to understand the roles of management and marketing in the success of both indie and AAA studios.
- Learn about hiring practices in the gaming industry
- Dive deep into case studies of successful gaming marketing plans
- Study industry-standard management techniques based on those of the Project Management Institute and Agile development
If you are applying for this program’s 2023 fall intake, you may be eligible for an exciting scholarship opportunity.
The first intake scholarship for our Video Game Design & Entrepreneurship program will be $3,500 for domestic students and $6,500 for international students.
If you have further questions about this program, visit our program page at insert webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.